Marina Occupancy Terms
- Scale of fees payable will be issued annually by letter prior to the start of the new season.
- All contracts are chargeable effective from the first of the month in which the mooring was occupied. No part month charges will be accommodated.
- All fees are payable in advance, installment plans will not be accepted.
- In the case of early termination of your mooring agreement, refunds are NOT available.
- All boats must display a current license.
- All boats must display a current mooring permit.
- All boats must be insured and have a current BSC. Photocopies of your insurance documents and BSC will be held in the moorings office. No permits will be issued without this rule being adhered to.
- Owners are allowed 1 x knee high garden box, 1mt long to store belongs in (must be raised off the deck to prevent water damage below. All other items must be stored on your boats and not on the decks. All items on the decks, can and will be removed and or disposed of.
- Engines may only be run at the following times:
8am to 8pm BST
8am to 6pm GMT
- The sublet of boats will not be permitted under any circumstances.
- Only management approved repairers with Public Liability Insurance of £5,000,000 cover will be allowed into the marina to undertake any repairs.
- Heavy repairs, e.g. welding, angle grinding, self repaints and paint preparation will be allowed in designated work bays only with management knowledge and written permission. Permission will only be granted with adequate insurance cover. Other self repairs will be allowed on the moorings.
- The boat owner must ensure that the boat is insured for any lifting, mast removal and storage ashore and produce the insurance policy before any boat lift operation is carried out.
- The boat owner shall not offer any boat for private sale, without the prior written consent of Billing Aquadrome, whilst occupying a mooring in the marina. In the event that Billing Aquadrome consents to the vessel being offered for sale whilst it is in the marina, the owner must use their brokerage service to effect the sale of the boat. In the event that the owner sells the boat privately Billing Marina reserves the right to charge the owner a Sale on Berth fee to allow an alternative party to occupy a Billing Aquadrome berth. The Sale on Berth fee is also applicable in the scenario when the boat is sold to a customer within the marina. Proof of sale value is required for all situations.
- All boats must be kept clean and in reasonable repair at all times. Should a boat be damaged, then repair works must be carried out as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Billing Aquadrome will invoke a TORT upon any boat and/or other property belonging to the owner, whilst in or at the marina, for any debt that remains unpaid 30 days after its due date. A TORT is a pre-authorised repossession order on specified property, whereby the said property will be sold on brokerage and the proceeds of the sale used to satisfy the debt owed by the owner to Billing Aquadrome. Any remaining monies after this will be remitted to the owner.
- Billing Aquadrome reserves the right to moor, reberth, move, board, enter or carry out emergency work on any boat if, in Billing Aquadrome’s opinion, it is necessary to do so for the purposes of trying to: avoid damage to the boat or to any other vessel in the Marina; and/or
ensure the safety of other users of the Marina; and/or ensure the safety of Billing Aquadrome’s staff, premises, plant or equipment.
- Billing Aquadrome reserves the right to moor, reberth or move the boat if, in Billing Aquadrome’s opinion, it is necessary to do so in order to launch or put afloat any other vessel.
- Billing Aquadrome reserves the right to moor, reberth or move the boat and/or to move any equipment and/or goods belonging to the owner, if, in Billing Aquadrome’s opinion, it is necessary for the good management, safety or security of the marina.
- All cars in marina car park must display a car pass.
- Cycling/Skateboarding/Scooters are prohibited on the pontoons.
- No loud music, nor any unreasonable noise or behaviour causing a nuisance to neighbouring boaters will be tolerated at any time.
- The use of recreational drugs is strictly prohibited on all ‘Pure Leisure Group Parks’. Anybody caught using drugs (except for prescribed drugs or standard over the counter medication) will be Immediately evicted from the moorings & park.
- Either party can terminate the contract with one month written notice. Billing Aquadrome can terminate the contract for breach of the Terms of Occupancy.
- Courtesy trolleys are provided for everyone to use. Please return them to the gate immediately after use. It might be you that needs one quickly.
- Car parking, please be considerate at all times to other users. The car park is on a first come first served basis but double parking which will impede on the turning of other vehicles is not allowed.
- The Disposal of boat repair waste timber/parts, batteries, oil, paint and white goods are NOT to be put into the general waste or left on the floor by the bins but should be taken to the local recycling centre. The nearest centre is Northampton, Ecton Lane Household Waste and Recycling centre, Lower Ecton Lane, Great Billing, Northampton, NN3 5HQ.
- Car Parking – please always take care and be considerate to others. The car park operates a first come first served basis. Double parking which will impede others is not permitted.
- The disposal of boat repair waste, timber and parts, batteries, oil, paint and white goods are not permitted in general waste and cannot be left on the floor by the bins. These should be taken to Northampton Recycling Centre located on Lower Ecton Lane, Great Billing, Northampton, NN3 5HQ.