Our Park Conservation Work
Come and experience our wildlife wonderland and the chance of an amazing holiday experience here at Billing Aquadrome.
When David Bellamy began examining the conservation work being carried out by holiday parks almost ten years ago, he made some very exciting discoveries. For it wasn’t just human guests which were enjoying the natural surroundings; birds, animals and plant life were also flourishing as a result of the good environmental practices being put to work.
Billing Aquadrome is annually assessed by Professor Bellamy’s award scheme to highlight the many remarkable achievements our park operates and to encourage others to follow suit. This year, more than 600 holiday parks have been assessed for the David Bellamy Conservation Award and this year Billing Aquadrome is delighted to have been awarded A Gold Grade Award.
- How we gained our Gold Grade Award:
- No waste goes direct to landfill – all waste is sorted at a local recycling centre.
- We maintain a natural environment on our waterways for birds such as Swans, Geese, Canadian Geese, Moorhens, Kingfishers to name a few..
- Our wardens are experienced in wildlife management.
- We have added bird and bat boxes around the park.
- We maintain natural hedgerows, home to many birds & animals.
- We use a variety of electric vehicles to cut back on our carbon footprint.
- We use low energy electric fittings wherever we can.
- Our lakes are natural environments that support many fish and pond life.
- All our team are committed to reducing utilities usage where possible.
- Help us to help the environment too during your stay with us!