Attend The 2015 Northampton Balloon Festival
3 August 2015
This year’s Northampton Balloon Festival will be the seventh that we’ve held here at Billing Aquadrome. Needless to say, we’re very proud and excited to be hosting the event, and as usual we hope to make it memorable and special for everyone who attends – hot air balloon enthusiasts and newcomers alike.
Friday 14th August – Sunday 16th. The itinerary is similar for all three days – apart from Saturday 15th, which has an extra-special evening lined up…
What to Expect at the Festival
If you’ve attended before, you’ll have a pretty good idea of how it will pan out. If you haven’t been before, we can assure you it’s a fun-filled three days – perfect for a long weekend or a one-day trip.
The Daily Schedule
- Each day begins nice and early with a breathtaking morning flight at 6:00am – if you can get yourself up and about that early, you’ll be in for a real treat
- Between 2:00pm and 4:00pm, the hot air balloons will be tethered – so feel free to walk around and chat to the various pilots and crews
- At 6:00pm, there’ll be a relaxing evening flight – the perfect pre-dinner sight
As we hinted at earlier, the Saturday has a special highlight: the 9:00pm “Balloon Glow” – a magical sight which is understandably a long-standing crowd favourite.
The hot air balloons are the long weekend’s main attractions – there’s no doubt about that – but that’s not all. We’ll also have:
- The American car show
- Funfair rides
- Food and craft stalls
Entry and Admission
All Billing Aquadrome holiday guests (who are staying for at least three nights) and holiday home owners can enjoy the event for free.
Of course, you don’t have to be staying with us to enjoy the Balloon Festival – we welcome anyone and everyone. Whether you live far away or locally, feel free to come and experience it.
Day Ticket Prices
- £5 per adult
- £3 per child (up to 15 years)
- £10 per car (which includes admission for up to four people)
- £10 per motorbike (includes parking)
- £25 per MPV (which includes admission for up to eight people)
Advanced bookings can be made for minibuses and coaches.
If you have any questions about the Balloon Festival, or you’d like to book your accommodation for the event, just give us a call on 01604 408181 and we’ll help you.